Tuesday, November 17, 2015

#RTauthor #IndyTuesday Character Profile Heart of Stone #NewRelease @shannonihayes


Character Profile Matthew G. Mayfield

 From Heart Of Stone

An S.I.Hayes Novel 


So in keeping with my word, I'm trying to give interesting content. He looks interesting to me.... Yummy... *Grins* I'm going to give a rundown on this your soon to be new Book Boyfriend.
And the Back Story....

Matthew was born on May 31st 1989, to Mary Elizabeth Mayfield in a little Connecticut hospital. His birth name was Gerald Matthew McLoughlin, he had it changed going to his mother's maiden name when he was 12. His parents relationship was dizzying fast and their marriage annulled faster than it happened. Gerald McLoughlin, his father came from old money and they did not approve of his falling in love with someone they deemed lower than him.  It tore Mary's heart out that Gerald would not fight for her. 

Matthew was raised by Mary alone, Gerald showing up on occasion to see them, but never being much of a father. The pair, Matthew and his mother raised each other up. Mary had only been 18 when Matthew was born. She worked two jobs while going to school part time to become a paralegal. Their relationship is close and they lean on each other in hard times.

Matthew grew up strong and tall, like his father, by the age of fourteen he was already 6' tall, with dark hair and sapphire blue eyes, working for handymen here and there, his physique was honed by long hours swinging a sledgehammer, in between school and chores. He loved the arts, photography and painting, but his mother wanted him to do something that would earn him a wage. He managed loans and scholarships in High School, and with his test scores got himself accepted to Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. The plan had been Law School. He tried, but the arts always called him back to his passions.

He gave up the Law School goals and instead received a Masters in Art and Photography from the University. As Heart of Stone opens he is trying to get his worked seen. He meets Donnella Stone, and his life will never be the same.

I won't go into anymore details. You'll have to read Heart Of Stone to see how life changes for Matthew...


Shannon (S. I.) Hayes has been telling tales for so long as she has been able to talk, and began writing them down shortly thereafter. She is the singular author of the In Dreams... Series, and a Paranormal Historical Romance called Centuries Of Blood: Becoming. Shannon is the Co-Author to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother meets The Real World of the Preternatural, as well as several blogs and host to her own website. S.I.Hayes.com
In her own words... I have a mind that is easily distracted and prone to wandering. Tangents are my forte, and if you think my characters are going to fit a cookie cutter shape of any kind, think again. They live, they love, they eat, sleep and fuck. I believe that people are inherently sexual creatures and my characters be they human or something altogether else are no exception.
I don't adhere to a single genera, I toe the line on several and wouldn't presume to be a master of any. So I suppose you could call me jack-of-all-trade-paperbacks.
I am a truth seeker, in my life, in my work. I’d apologize for it, but I kinda cannot help m’self. It is my best and worst personality trait, well mostly, being Bi-Polar I guess you could say that is the worse. But I believe that the disorder has made me, well... Me.
I have taken this life and twisted, carved, shaped and molded it in to the worlds of my characters. Albeit with a chainsaw, and it has made all the difference.

Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!