Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hop Hop Hopping along... The Newest Blog Hop


      Tag! I'm It Again! In the vast infrastructure that is the ever widening realm of Cyberspace I have found my self repeating my past. I was asked to join another blog hop, only to find that is was the same one, only now it has evolved into something different. It used to have a header, and a tag line. WEEK Blah Blah and what not about what it was.
If you want to know that go check out my WEEK 17 NEXT BIG THING Post.

       As much as I like to hear/read about myself, I don’t like to repeat too often. Anyhoo, since I am not lacking in the stuff to talk about department I said SURE, Why THE Hell Not!
That out of the way I would like to send a thanks to fellow Author J. Naomi Ay for thinking of me for this! If you think her name looks familiar, it is because she is listed here under Authors of Worthy Note as one who has interviewed me. If you want to be interviewed, I do suggest contacting her! Always an experience!
Click the links to find out about J’s awesome Sci-Fi books.

If this or any other items pique your interest, please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions.


THE QUESTIONNAIRE
Q: What is the title of your book?


Q: Where did the idea come from for the book?

The inspiration behind what has become Awakenings was a short story called “Midnight” it was shown to me by my Co-Author and best friend, Will Van Stone Jr. His inspiration was actually a short lived television series called ‘Kindred: The Embraced. Anne Rice was our mutual inspiration. We looked at what’s out there and then trued to figure out where the holes were, and where there may be room for improvements. We succeeded.
Q: What genre does your book fall under?
I would have to say it has strong roots in Vampire/Paranormal and Erotic Fiction.
Q: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
This was actually harder to answer that I thought it would be, when it comes to characters in Awakenings you will find one to suit every taste, from OMG, to  I need a smoke a drink an a cold shower hotties. Our character list makes the cast of Magic Mike look like an old fashioned Side Show.
Click here to be taken to the 31 Flavors Of Awakenings

Q: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

One Vampire’s obsession may spell the undoing of them all.
Q: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Awakenings The Wrath Saga is now published independently through smashwords.com, amazon.com and as of December 16, 2012 available in paperback through Amazon and Createspace.
Q: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

8 years.
    Will Van Stone Jr  and I started on this endeavor when we were still in middle school. Life came calling and we fell in and out of passionate love/hate with the manuscript. I even lost copies of it over the years, as we started writing  long handed. It allowed us each to write independently and then merge the work when we saw each other. We have very different styles, I'm prone to long flourishes of description, and Will is very talented when it comes to action and driving a scene home. It was a process, but the end result is knowing the work, forward and backward, at times verbatim. Together it makes for one hell of a read.
Q: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

If you were hoping, I’d say Twilight you have no business here. We were writing this long before the glitter and fairy dust was sprinkled across the genre. Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles particularly the first three would be a good anchor point. Sprinkle it with some Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer pre and post series slap and tickled by good hardcore metal music.
Q: Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My Co- Author for starts, he was the beginning of this endeavor with “midnight.” My love of all things vampire started with Bram Stoker and Anne Rice before I even hit puberty. As we grew older, it became about what we didn’t like in the stories others wrote. The constant mourning of eternity and the solid lack of a good old fashioned villain were just a few of our complaints. Will loves all of the Disney Animated film villains. Specifically Ursula and Maleficent, and it shows in our over the top characters. If you’re going to have a villain, he/she shouldn’t be just bad they should be deliciously wicked.
Q: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

This is not your ordinary Vampire Novel. While others have tried their hand at bringing the vampire and werewolf to the screen together in epic battles, we have brought them together under one roof. Think MTV’s The Real World with a more interesting curve. We’ve adding to the mix other forms of paranormal goodies, from the heavens above to the pits below; each character has a world, a life, and a story. Awakenings The Wrath Saga is the first in the series, which will grip you from page one, and keep you guessing until the last breath. Action, love, lust, and Maniacal Mayhem Await. Also if you are looking for an opportunity to get your hand on some free stuff, check back often as we are in the midst of creating our Wrath Clan Gear Shop. In the meantime click here for a chapter preview. Awakenings:The Wrath Saga Free Preview
List of my tagged blog hop buds for next week. Check out their blogs  to read about their WIPs and New Releases:
Below you will find Authors, who will be joining me by blog.  Do be sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on WIPs and New Releases!
Happy Writing and Reading!!
~S.I. Hayes~
1:  Will Van Stone Jr              2: Lee-Ann Graff-Vinson          3: Gemma Wilford
Facebook                              Writing Commando                 Missus Wolf's Story Land
Twitter                                 Facebook                                Facebook
                                            Twitter                                   Twitter

Published on Dec 12, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!