Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop Week 17


            From Twilight to 50 Shades of Grey, the past few years have been full of high profile reads. Love um or hate um, you have to admit you have at least heard of them.
           As Independent Authors we all dare to dream we will be next, and well let’s face it you never know ... right?
         With that thought I jumped on this Hop, what is a blog hop? Well I didn't know until I asked.

       
         Basically, it’s an Independent Authors game of tag.

        One Author posts, and then tags five other Authors, who each link back to them. Exponentially it is a marketing gold mine, and you my fair reader have hopefully just increased your to read list. Finding New and Exciting Authors you may never have found otherwise. Some of us are still writing, others are just being released. Either way, for you Fiction Lovers, a treasure trove awaits and I’d like to thank fellow Author Eri Nelson for tagging me to participate.

          Click the links to find out about Eri's Primal Paranormal books.


          In this particular hop I and my fellow Authors each in their perspective Blogs have answered 10 questions where you get to learn about our current WIP (Works in Progress) as well as some goodies as to our process, from characters and inspirations to photographic/ Cinematic eye candy! I hope you enjoy it!!
If this or any other items pique your interest, please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions.
THE NEXT BIG THING QUESTIONNAIRE
Q: What is the working title of your book?

Centuries of Blood

Q: Where did the idea come from for the book?

I find inspirations in many things, and enjoy periodical pieces, as well as the paranormal, I wanted to write a life of a vampire enriched by time instead of ravaged, as so many other tales seem to depict.
Q: What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal Romance/historical erotica is/are the most dominate traits of this series.
Q: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Up and comer Alexandra Daddario would be perfect for Catherine Morrigain Cecile
my heroine, height, body type, she is the epitome of how I see her. For Alexandros,
Michael Fassbender shows ability and range, there is unarguable sex appeal in his
mature features and stunning eyes. What say you? 

Q: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Catherine Morrigain Von Cecil, is a 16th century girl, who has discovered that the
next town over is a haven for vampires, fascination, and freedom call, but will this new life be all that she craves, or will it too take her to a place she doesn't want to go?
Q: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

As with my other works, Centuries of Blood, will be independently published through smashwords.com, amazon.com and be available in paperback through Amazon and Createspace.
Q: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I am actually still doing so, although I do hope to have it fully polished and available in time for Christmas 2012.
Q: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can not think of any other titles to compare it with, I hope that it proves to be a new installment for the genres.
Q: Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I grew up loving films like Valmont, Age of Innocence, and Pride and Prejudice, from here the historical and periodical thoughts stemmed. My love of all things vampire started with Bram Stoker and Anne Rice. While as a youngster I read some harlequin novels and parts of Lucky from Danielle Steel, these writings have helped to spur me into the romance genre.
Q: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Well I’m a research nut, and it often shows in my work, I like to be as historically accurate when it comes to places and periods as I can be, painting worlds hopefully in new lights. Centuries of Blood, is no exception. In the first volume, you will glimpse the muddy streets of Old Glastonbury, England and the Tor, as well as the Citadel of Corfu Greece and the Americas at their humble beginning. I hope that readers will fall as in love with these places as Morrigain and I have.
List of my tagged blog hop buds for next week. Check out their blogs  to read about their WIPs and New Releases:
Below you will find Authors, who will be joining me by blog.  Do be sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on WIPs and New Releases!
Happy Writing and Reading!!
~S.I. Hayes~
1:  Will Van Stone Jr.
Blog: 

Facebook: 
Twitter: @willvanstonejr
2:  Kathryn Elizabeth Jones
Blog: A River Of Stones
Twitter: @kakido
Amazon Author Page: 
3:  Chloe Jon Paul
4:  S.R Howen/ Shaunna Wolf
Main Blog
Author Web Page:
Purchase Page: Wildfire Publishing
5:  Monique Diplock
Main Blog: Monique Writes
Twitter: @@Moniquediplock1
Good Reads: 
Thanks for Joining me! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books! 
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats.... 
Cheers! And Happy Reading!









Originally  Published on October 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!