Monday, February 4, 2019

RT #MondayBlogs #AuthorsRunTheirMouths #ElizaAmes @elizaamesauthor@Shannonihayes

S.I. Hayes Presents

Authors Running Their Mouths is the creative brain child of Author S.I. Hayes Join her as she asks other Authors to let loose and Run their mouths!

Welcome Author Eliza Ames

Eliza is the author of Fantasy and YA Fantasy

Let's see what she's got to say!

What got you writing?

"What got me writing was my nature. I have always been a story-teller. I was the kid at camp that told such scary stories the other kids had nightmares. I was the teen in school who through off the English curve. I'm the adult today that tells the ""how you met your spouse"" story that everyone talks about. I've done probably more career-level jobs than anyone I know, but writing has always been the part of me that worked the best. I have often thought that if I could just write every interaction, my life would be so much better. When I write, no one misunderstands my meaning. When I talk, though, sometimes I grate on people's nerves without even realizing I have done it.

Writing is more than just knowing how to craft a sentence, especially in my genre. As a fantasy author, I get to build worlds. I have to understand the science of my worlds -- what would make magic a part of evolution, why animals that exist only in my world even would have developed, and why people look the way they do. I also have to frame continents and oceans and how the double moons affect those oceans. Then, when I add the people, they have to seem real too. Although I can and do base them off of historical references, my technology level of my worlds can be altered by things Earth simply doesn't have. In my Thobel world, for example, there are magical healers who can place a hand on a person and scan them physically. This means that, although the world is technologically equal to late middle ages on Earth, the anatomy knowledge of the people will naturally be superior.

Being a people observer also serves my writing a great deal. I can (and often do) notice things about people that surprises them. That happens because I'm always thinking about motivations. I want my characters to seem real. They certainly do to me. I have a lot of characters between three series (not all released yet) and I never confuse them. They each have quirks, catch phrases, and gestures unique to them. I can't confuse them because they are alive to me. They are friends I visit in my dreams, and they are friends I get to share with my readers.

Although the request asked me to pick one topic to answer and I picked ""What got you writing?"", I suppose I actually picked two, because my relationship with my characters is so much like a friendship that it keeps me writing. Even if I couldn't publish, I'd still write about these friends. The more time I give each one, the more alive they feel and so I do write about them constantly. I have books, of course, but also short stories, too.  I plot a lot. I always have a direction in mind, but occasionally my characters do things that surprise me. When I started out to write the ""Sogell Revolution Tetralogy"", I never picked one love interest for my main character. I gave her three to choose from. She chose the one that fit her best and I finished the series the way she wanted. In the ""Faith Champion Chronicles"" I haven't picked a love interest for Faith. She'll tell me when she's ready.

See, they are real to me."

Bio:

Eliza Ames is a fantasy author and independent editor who lives in San Bernardino, CA with her husband, two sons, and a plethora of pets. She enjoys her California home, but has never forgotten her Wyoming roots and often includes homage to pieces of the Equality State in her writing. She fell in love with books when she was a preschooler and has loyally maintained the relationship ever since. Most of her time is spent doing mom-stuff. But in her spare time, if she isn't writing, she's reading or listening to audio books. She believes imagination is everything

Socil Links:

Book Links: 


Thank you for joining me today!!

Cheers!

AUTHORS! WANT TO BE SHOWCASED?? FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW!

Authors Run Your Mouth Form







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!