Monday, September 24, 2018

#MondayBlogs 7 Things that #Inspire @shannonihayes @reginapaul

S.I. Hayes Presents

Authors Running Their Mouths is the creative brain child of Author S.I. Hayes Join her as she asks other Authors to let loose and Run their mouths!



Welcome Author

Regina is a Speculitive Fiction Writer. Let's see what she's got to say!

7 Things that Inspire This Writer

I’ve been telling stories for as long as I can remember and spinning a yarn is one of my most favorite things to do. As I’m sure is true of most writers, I get my inspiration from a lot of different things, and they aren’t necessarily the things you would think of. 

Here are 7 things that inspire this writer:

Dreams.

The nighttime ones. My book Alien Deceptions was created from a dream I had one night that made me ask what might be the reason for alien abduction, assuming it is real. I dreamed the basis for that book that very night, and while the book took me five years to write and has been through two different editions with the next one coming soon to Leap of Faith Publishing, LLC, it is still one of my most favorite stories. I had a blast creating this universe, and I can’t wait to write more books in this series.

Photos. 

I love to cruise the stock photo sites and look at photos. That old saying about a picture being worth a thousand words is so true, and I love to look at photos including very old ones from the days when photography was just getting its start. Once I find a really interesting photograph, I love to start playing the “what if?” game with myself. I’ve gotten some of my best story ideas from playing this game using my imagination.

Books. 

Like most authors, I absolutely adore reading. I have over 3,000 e-books on my Kindle and I’ve read the majority of them both non-fiction and fiction. What is fun for me as an author is when I read it sparks my imagination in other directions. For example, I especially love LGBT romance, gay romance in particular. And for no particular reason other than that I was inspired by a book where one of the main characters was a guy hiding from a mobster who had murdered his best friend. Said guy was in the witness protection program and was presenting himself as a woman when he meets and falls in love with his neighbor who is a gay guy. Needless to say after reading that book, my imagination took off in another direction. What would it be like for a woman to find herself in a male body? And thus The Last Jumper my gender bending scifi romance was born. 

Book Covers. 

Another favorite past time of mine is looking at book covers. The ones I like the best are the ones that don’t look like everyone else’s. It’s not uncommon to find me surfing google images for scifi romance covers, or fantasy romance covers, really any type of book cover for inspiration. Now one key thing about doing this is that I do not read the blurb for said book covers. I’m just looking at the cover and seeing if it triggers my imagination and they usually do! I purposefully don’t read the blurbs because I don’t want any story ideas I might come up with from the cover to be influenced too much by what another author wrote. I want my imagination to cook up something completely different, and as long as I don’t read the blurbs this works just fine for me, and has given me completely new story lines and ideas. 

Art. 

Another favorite of mine is visiting museums though I don’t get to do this as often as I might like. Of course you can also find all kinds of cool art on the internet and I’ve been known to look at it there too. The idea is the same as with photos or book covers, I look at the art and see what story it is telling me and then come up with a story line or idea and run with it.

Daydreams. 

Yes, I admit it, I have a very overactive imagination! Daydreaming is another favorite activity of mine. Laying out in a field of flowers, staring at the sky, or even laying on the floor in my home office and letting my imagination run while with daydreaming has brought about some of my most fun story lines and ideas to write about. 

Intuition. 

I’ve always relied pretty heavily on my intuition for story ideas as well. This usually goes along the line of I’m sitting quietly in meditation when a picture or an idea will just pop into my mind out of seemingly nowhere and abracadabra a new story idea is born!

These are by no means all the things that inspire this writer, but they’re certainly some of the top things. Of course I’m always looking for more things to inspire me! What inspires you whether it be in writing, or art, or whatever?

Thank you so much S.I. for having me here on your lovely blog today! 


Bio:

Regina Paul lives in Seattle, WA with her husband of twenty-seven years. A long time resident of the Pacific Northwest, she cannot imagine living anywhere else, although she would love to see more of the world, particularly Hawaii, Greece, Australia, and New Zealand, not necessarily in that order. 
Regina has several books available which include Alien Deceptions (out of print but will be back soon), No Place to Run, A Gift From Home, Lilly's Choice, Lilly's Christmas Surprise, Destiny's Choices, Destiny's Holiday, Through a Dark Mirror, Frost, Flame and Flower, and The Last Jumper. Regina calls her writing speculative romance because she writes across genres and heat levels depending on her mood.
When Regina is not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband, reading m/m and paranormal romance, which are her all time favorites, writing, painting, creating Native American beadwork and  3D art.  

Regina loves to hear from readers, so please feel free to e-mail her anytime. 



Buy Link: Amazon.



Thank you for joining me today!!

Cheers!

AUTHORS! WANT TO BE SHOWCASED?? FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW!

Authors Run Your Mouth Form


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!