Monday, September 10, 2018

#MondayBlogs #WritersRunYourMouth Vol. 2 Rising up! @shannoniahyes @Writergirl74

S.I. Hayes Presents

Authors Running Their Mouths is the creative brain child of Author S.I. Hayes Join her as she asks other Authors to let loose and Run their mouths!



Welcome Author Cassandra Jones

Cassandra is a Multi-Genre writer. Let's see what she's got to say!


My Journey Into Writing


     My journey into writing started when I was 13. I had always loved reading and wanted to create my own stories to share with others. I had even taken creative writing and journalism classes in high school. I am always happy when writing.

     I realized being as shy as I was, that I could best express myself through writing. I started keeping journals that I could use as inspiration for my writing. I also keep a notebook of quotes as inspiration. Between the ages of 13 and 32 I had started over 200 stories.
One day in 2002 I decided to try my hand at poetry and instantly fell in love with it. Between 2002 and 2010 I had written almost 300 poems. Sadly in September of 2012 I lost almost all of those stories and poems in a fire.

     I didn't let that stop me from getting back on my feet and writing again. I just recently finished my first novel. It has been sent to the betas and is in the editing stages. I am currently getting together a book of poetry as well. I have written lots of poems from an experience with an ex best friend.
I've seen my publishing dreams come true when 2 of my poems were included in Vol 1 of Authors Against Bullying. It is an honor to be involved in something like this. All proceeds from sales go to charity. I have a short story in Authors Against Bullying Vol. 2.
Since then I have had poems and short stories published in several other anthologies for charities and one that is always free. They are Dark Fantasia, A Healing Anthology, Streetlamps To Starlight, Our Secret Nook, and Ghostly Writes Anthology 2017. The Tricks or Treats Anthology is due out later this month.
     I am working on stories for several more anthologies and my first novel. The Hunt For Amanda is a crime fiction novel. The main protagonist is named after and based on my best friend Tammy Perdue, who we lost in 2012. When Tammy is targeted by an ex co-worker she has to try and protect Amanda. When the man can’t get to her, he kidnaps Amanda to get Tammy to do what he wants. I am currently making changes to the novel and even adding some new scenes. It has been a fun story to write.

     I have learned that writing is my way to get through. Without writing I am nothing. I hope that through my writing I can help others as well. Participating in these anthologies has been an honor in itself. I am so happy to be able to help out these charities and even raise awareness against bullying and abuse.

     After being bullied by that ex friend emotionally for years and then dealing with a cyber bully, I am more than happy to help raise awareness to help others who have been through similar situations. No one should have to go through that. So I will continue to use my writing to help others any way I can.

     I hope ya'll enjoyed my journey into writing. Thank you so much for having me on your blog S.I. Hayes.


Bio:
I was born in Fairmont,WV and raised in the small town of Four States,WV. (Yes, that’s a real place!) I have loved to read since I was very young. At the age of thirteen I decided I wanted to try writing my own story. After taking Creative Writing and Journalism in high school, I began to love writing even more. I have won first place in two poetry contests and third place in a writing contest. I attended my first writer’s workshop in 2015 and another one October 21,2017. When I’m not writing, I can usually be found with my nose in a book.

I enjoy working on the family history and learning new things.I also love to spend time with family and friends. I have the best time at my book group called The Lunchtime Book Discussion Group that meets at our local library once a month.

TwitterFacebook:

Buy Link: Amazon.



Thank you for joining me today!!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!