Monday, January 7, 2019

RT #MondayBlogs #AuthorsRunYourMouths @WriterAngel @Shannonihayes

S.I. Hayes Presents

Authors Running Their Mouths is the creative brain child of Author S.I. Hayes Join her as she asks other Authors to let loose and Run their mouths!

Welcome Author Chrissy Moon.  

Chrisy is a Genre: Women's fiction; horror (in short stories); and poetry author. Let's see what she's got to say!

Who holds you up when you want to quit?

I have a great support system! Sisters, best friends, and children are instrumental to keeping my encouragement afloat, as well as my friends in the industry.

Honestly however, at least at this point in time, the person who really keeps me going is my partner, Chris. It’s really funny, too, because I don’t exactly make it easy for him. Although I am saccharine sweet to friends and people I’m just getting to know, once someone is in a serious relationship with me, I turn into this psycho. I don’t know why—if I didn’t want to hold myself accountable, I suppose I could blame my Venus in Aries.

Okay, I guess I’m exaggerating. A little bit. Maybe I don’t turn crazy exactly, but I know I’m not an easy person to be in a relationship with. I’m aware of it as I’m giving him a hard time. 
Yet I would say for the most part, he knows me fairly well, and this is vital to helping me through a “I-want-to-quit-writing” funk. He can pull out the memories in his brain about anything that’ll help me, anything from glowing book reviews to previous times when I felt discouraged but overcame it. It always leads back to the same path in my mind: to a place sunny and happy, where my creativity lies. 

I don’t want to say that he’s the only reason why I go on writing, though. That’s not fair to either of us. I’m a completed person without anybody else, and because of this, I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself regarding any project that I take on. I take things personally. I get emotional. It shows. Everyone can see it, but it’s also why I write about feelings so well. 

The in-between stuff in a novel is what gets me—the plot organization and continuity. I have to make a lot of charts and notes so I don’t get lost, and they have to be on paper in front of me and not on a screen. I tape them up on my wall. I analyze words better the old-fashioned way. 
I love stories in all forms, so watching TV shows, reading other people’s books, and listening to music keeps me going as well. Art is probably one of the best things about the human race, so it’s easy to feel inspired after listening to a great song or watching a well-made movie. I also have to step away from writing every once in a while, but this often backfires on me because I’ll get too complacent and just be happy Netflixing and chilling. 

And again we get back to Chris. To say he’s an extremely busy person would be putting it lightly, so as he’s running around with his hectic schedule, my idleness is emphasized and I’m forced to get back on my feet and get back to what I do best, which is writing about my feelings. Only in this industry, I have to convert those feelings into something consumable for the masses, something many people can relate to and be entertained by.

I’m still trying to find that perfect balance between storytelling and self-expression, and my support group is with me every step of the way.


Bio:

Chrissy suffers from road rage, would like to own a movie theater-sized popcorn popper one day, and enjoys country music.

She has two sons (one adult and one young), is a Power Ranger nerd, and would like to call herself a linguist by hobby, even though she's still learning her native English. (Who isn't?)

She enjoys writing about strong women and wants to inspire and amuse the world with her words.

Book Links: 



Thank you for joining me today!!

Cheers!

AUTHORS! WANT TO BE SHOWCASED?? FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW!

Authors Run Your Mouth Form







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!